Saturday, January 1, 2011

Attn: 2011

Of all the holidays that are out there, I have to say that the combo of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day might be my favorites. You're saying a fond farewell to the previous year, whether it was good, bad or amazingly uneventful, and you're welcoming this brand new set of twelve months. It's a time where you are at you're most optimistic and as soon as the clock hit's midnight, you begin thinking about how you're going to improve yourself and planning out what you're going to do.

This means the valued tradition of resolutions.

You have to be careful when making New Year's resolutions, though. Especially if you're a hardcore planner. When it comes to life, things are not going to go according to the plan that you want to set for yourself. You might get a new house, new job, or you might become the victim of a conspiracy and lose your memories involving experiments that took up a good portion of your year. It happens. Other stuff is important. That's why I have a basic rule of thumb that I try to just make resolutions that I don't have to plan out thoroughly, but at the same time I don't want to make anything too vague. My list of resolutions will feature two or three from last year. I never got around to learning how to sew and I didn't get to read Lord of the Rings, although I read The Hobbit. I did achieve my goal of losing ten pounds, but then when I started my full-time job I gained it back, so it needs to go back on there. And so, my list of resolutions this year.

Oldies but Necessities
~Lose 10-15 lbs and maintain weight through wedding things.
~Read The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
~Learn how to sew.

Newbies
~Write more often, especially for the blog.
~Work more often with my Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch and use Corel Painter for drawings.
~Try to deal with fear of zombies.
~Develop at least one idea for a project.

2010, you were quite a rollercoaster ride. You brought me a college degree, a full-time job that exhausted every fiber of my being, a wonderful new part-time job to replace the job mentioned before, uncontrollable sobbing as my Doctor moved on to other projects, a brand new Doctor with some of the best sci-fi writing ever, and, best of all, an engagement to one of the most amazing guys on the planet. But now that 2011 is here, I look forward to the journey ahead.

Happy New Year, everyone. Cheers.

No comments: