Friday, January 25, 2013

Bowler Hats and Fire Breathers

I know quite a few people who like Downton Abbey. They like it a lot.

Since so many people enjoy it, I thought to myself, "I might as well give this a go. It's available on streaming and it's a period piece. Plus, people are raving for it so I should probably jump on that bandwagon."

Because of this, I watched the first three episodes...

...over the course of one year.

Now, I can read minds from various points in time and space, and I'm hearing in several thoughts in that sum up to, "What is wrong with you? You should have finished that in a day? I hate you now! YOU ARE BROKEN INSIDE!"

I may be alone in this, but I believe that the show's main issue is the fact that it really needs a dragon.

Actually, it needs multitudes of dragons. Because how cool would it be to see a show set in turn of the century England? Especially as military assets in WW!

It would be super awesome and a half and you know it. Someone put zombies in Pride and Prejudice. Why shouldn't there be dragons in a early 1900s drama that circles around the higher and lower class living in the same household? Let's heighten the stakes, people!

Plus, the Turkish person's storyline would have been a little more interesting.
You're welcome, Downton fans.

P.S. Do Downton Abbey fans have a special nickname for themselves like the Whovians or the Potterheads? Is it the Downtonians? That sounds a little funny. A Kewpie doll to whoever can come up with a better Downton Abby fan name! Or a free commission... but only if it's really good.

2 comments:

Molly Ford said...

Your dragon resembles Carson.

kaseycleon said...

@Molly ... he kind of does! I did like that Carson when watched the show. He would be an awesome dragon-man servant.